Introduction of acrylic board
What is acrylic board?
The Chinese name of acrylic is transliterated from English acrylics, and the Chinese common names are acrylics and acrylics. It is a general term for acrylic acid and methacrylic acid chemicals. It includes monomer, plate, granule, resin and composite. Acrylic plate is polymerized by methyl methacrylate monomer (MMA), that is polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) plate plexiglass, which is a kind of plexiglass processed by special process.
The research and development of acrylic has a history of more than 100 years, and has the reputation of "plastic Queen".
1. The density of acrylic is only 1.19-1.20, about half of that of ordinary glass and 43% of that of aluminum;
2. It has good flame resistance, can not self ignite and self extinguish;
3. With excellent electrical insulation, it is a very suitable high-frequency insulation material for wireless meter industry;
4. It has good light transmittance, the light transmittance can reach more than 92%, more than 10% higher than ordinary glass, and has crystal like texture and luster;
5. Not afraid of tide, water, mildew, bacteria and corrosion;
6. Impact resistance is 16 times of ordinary glass, almost no risk of fracture, acrylic classification.
Classification of acrylic
Acrylic plate is divided into casting plate and extrusion plate according to the production process. It can be divided into transparent plate and translucent plate (including dyed plate and transparent plate) according to the light transmittance. It can be divided into impact resistant plate, ultraviolet resistant plate, color plate (including black and white and color plate), ordinary plate and special plate, such as high impact resistant plate, flame retardant plate, frosted plate, metal effect plate, high wear resistant plate, light guide plate, etc.
Acrylic molding process
The commonly used molding processes of acrylic in industrial production include casting, injection molding, extrusion, hot forming, etc.
Casting molding is mainly used for the molding of acrylic plate, bar and other profiles, and the molded products need post-treatment before they can be used. The cast acrylic sheet has strong rigidity, strength and excellent resistance to chemicals, and has incomparable flexibility in color system and surface texture effect.